What You will need:
a small Phillips screwdriver
PC with at least one free slot for a hard drive
FatXExplorer (It’s in french, but more stable than xplorer360)
1. Remove the four feet from the bottom of your xbox. Use the torxx screwdriver to remove the four screws. There are two more in the center, beneath the stickers. Take these out as well.
2. Take off the top cover. Use your torxx screwdriver to take out the two brass screws that are in the center holding the drive housing down.
3. Remove the section of casing with the harddrive in it.
4. Use the Phillips screwdriver to take out the four screws holding the HD in place. (You don’t have to do this, but it makes getting at the data cable much easier)
5. Open up your PC, and make sure that you can plug the a data cable into the HD with the xbox’s power cable still attached to the hard drive. Make sure your PC is already booted and logged in.
6. Now we’ve got everything ready. Making sure the a/v cable is attached to the xbox and that the power/data cables are hooked up to the hard drive, turn your xbox on. Wait a little bit to make sure the boot process has completed.
7. Being VERY careful not to jolt or shake the HD too much, disconnect the DATA cable from the hard drive WITHOUT powering off the xbox. Now plug in your PC’s data cable.
8. Run xplorer360. Go to drive->open->hard drive or memcard
9. Xplorer360 SHOULD read the hard drive. If it doesn’t, you may have to go to the device manager and have it scan for changes.
10. Once you’ve modified the hard drive as you like, BE SURE TO RECONNECT THE XBOX’S DATA CABLE TO THE HD BEFORE POWERING OFF YOUR XBOX. NOT DOING THIS CAN MAKE THE HD STAY UNLOCKED, WHICH RENDERS IT USELESS FOR YOUR XBOX.
11. Provided you didn’t delete any important files, you should now be good to go.
Hope this helps!